I am a Ph.D. student in Machine Learning for Social Robotics at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
My research is on generative models of non-verbal behavior, such as hand gestures and facial expressions. You can watch me explaining it here.
I am working in the HealthTech project EACare, where we aim to develop a robot system to detect early signs of Dementia from the communicative behavior. My part is non-verbal behavior generation.
- Jan 2020: Sifan Jiang started his master thesis with me. He will be extending my gesture generation model to humanoid robot NAO.
- November 2019: Talk on general direction of my research.
- October 2019: Master students wanted for a master thesis project on gesture generation for a humanoid robot.
- September 2019 Talk on How to make your agent gesture in a natural way at Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems: Perceiving Systems Department in Tuebingen.
- August 2019: Our gesture generation model was applied to a new dataset. Now it can gesticulate in both Japanese and English. Check out a short demo video and our code with a pre-trained model.
- June 2019: Our two papers were accepted for ICDL-EPIROB 2019 Workshop on Naturalistic Non-Verbal and Affective Human-Robot Interactions.
- May 2019: Talk on my research at the Pint Of Science in Stockholm.
- April 2019: Our paper Analyzing input and output representations for speech-driven gesture generation was accepter to IVA 2019 for oral presentation. (24% acceptance rate)
- Jan 2019: Our paper On the importance of representations for speech-driven gesture generation was accepted at AAMAS 2019 for poster presentation.
- Oct 2018: My project proposal was published ICMI Doctoral Consortium 2018.
- April 2018: Joined Social Robotics Sweden (SoRoS) community.
- June 2017: We had a poster at The First Swedish Symposium on Deep Learning (SSDL).